Blog & Latest News
HomeBlog & Latest News
The Benefits of Geothermal Well Drilling
- One of the major benefits of geothermal well water drilling is that it provides renewable energy, meaning that as long as we don’t pump too much cold water into the earth -cooling off the hot rocks- the energy will just keep on coming. Vertical geothermal wells may be installed in almost any type of geological formation. Underground groundwater strike is not absolutely necessary.
- A second benefit of geothermal well water drilling is that its operation produces minimal pollution (1 kw electricity should produce 4 KW/heat) minimising its contribution to the greenhouse effect. The carbon footprint longterm is very limited. There is no impact on the groundwater resources.
- A third benefit of geothermal well drilling is the surface aesthetics for geothermal installations is very discrete....flush surface well covers and underground ducting into the plant room where the heat exchanger is located. There is very little impact on the surrounding environment.
- A fourth benefit of geothermal well drilling is the efficiency it offers frugal homeowner - once you’ve borne the costs of installing the geothermal energy heating system, the energy producing costs should be very reasonable. Equipment & materials used are very durable and generally involve minimal maintenance. The system may offer an optional extra to reverse the system during summer time to give cool air within buildings.
- Consider the benefits of grouting geothermal vertical closed looped wells.Whilst specialised thermally enhanced grouts will add to initial installation costs,the operational efficiency of the system and thereby running costs will be lower.